Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Things That I'm Into: RIP Louise Bourgeois (1911-2010)

I love her, and even though she was old old old, it's still sad to see such an art world legend pass away.


I got to see an awesome retrospective of her work at the Tate Modern in Fall 2008, and it sealed the deal for me that she was my favorite living female artist. Now she has a lot more people to compete with since she has moved into the deceased female artist category.  She's definitely my favorite deceased female French-American artist who is known for large-scale spider sculptures.


If you aren't familiar with her work, GOOGLE. Seriously, it's all pretty amazing. RIP Louise!

first image via the centre pompidou.
second image is mine.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So who is your new favorite female living artist then?