Thursday, June 24, 2010

Things That I'm Into: Stanley's

When we went to dinner and my aunt's and uncle's house on Sunday night,* I commented on how delish the corn was. My uncle replied that it was from Stanley's.  I was confused, because the Stanley's I know is a bar that has Sunday night Karaoke and I sometimes accidentally end up there (which, incidentally, is about three blocks from their house so it isn't much of a stretch that it came to mind).



Turns out he was talking about Stanley's Fruit Market, which I went to on Monday and is now officially one of my favorite places in Chicago. SRSLY, this place is amazing.



The prices and the quality of the fruit and veggies is pretty unreal. I got green beans, a ton of apples, two quarts of strawberries, a pint of blueberries, cilantro, mint, yellow squash, and four ears of corn for $9.



I can't believe I just heard about this place now, but believe me, I will make up for lost time.

*Aunt and Uncle's? Aunt's and Uncle's? According to Matt it is the latter, but it sounds SO WRONG.

No comments: